With the advancement of audio technology the ability to slow down the tempo of a song or change the key (pitch) of an existing song, has never been easier.
Being able to slow the tempo of a song can be extraordinarily valuable at times. Whether you are trying to decode and play a song like Eruption by Eddie Van Halen which is played on guitar at a lighting clip, deciphering something played by a jazz trio, transcribing a complete song, or simply have the need to change the key or tempo of a song -- any and all of these things can be accomplished --plus a lot more, by today’s top audio slow down software programs.
The biggest problem you may have is in choosing WHICH software program to buy. There are literally dozens of software programs available today that do time stretching (that’s what changing pitch and tempo is called in techie language), and unless you are an audiophile, you might have great difficulty in sorting through all of these choices. Hopefully that’s where we can assist you.
In our opinion the 12 points below are the most important characteristics to look for when selecting a slow down music software:
- Must maintain excellent audio quality from key and tempo change
- Must be able to export or save tempo and/or key changes permanently.
- Must have an easy-to-use wav file graphic interface
- Must have the ability to set or create multiple loops for repeated playing within a single file and each of these loops must be customizable
- Must be easy to use.
- Must be able to open and save in all of the most common audio file formats.
- The overall appearance should be high quality with a professional look and feel
- Should not only cover the basics, but give you room to grow as you advance
- Must have a FREE trial or demo
- Must have excellent customer support, with prompt < 24 hour response times. Real person support, by phone, is not absolutely required but desirable.
- Software must be a good value. Value does not necessarily mean a low price, rather it is pricing viewed with the overall features, benefits, quality, and content being factored into the mix.
As we mentioned previously, there are dozens of software programs that can do some of these things but most don’t do them all or do them well - or they don’t have a significant customer service component. We do not attempt to review all of these programs -- and would steer you away from buying them. What we have done is, selected the top handful of these programs and, reviewed them in details. The results of our investigation and reviews are found below.
100%, 60 days
100%, 60 days
editing is unique...